Digitisation has impacted & changed every walk of life, even Digital Marketing has seen a monumental shift in the manner in which it is practised. Digital marketers harness the power of the internet and new-age technology to realize their brand goals. The brand goals like building awareness, acquiring consumers, and engaging with them on multiple digital platforms like Facebook, Google, Instagram are core to the business needs. The need for digital marketers has increased due to multiple reasons:
- Enormous internet penetration and adoption,
- The massive online presence of consumers, and
- The boundless innovative opportunities presented by the internet to reach, lure, engage audiences.
To succeed in Digital Marketing, you must put on the following hats:
Let’s dive a little deeper to get the hang of this emerging profession. To succeed in Digital Marketing, you must put on the following hats:
- Psychologist – Understanding the psyche of consumers to support them on their purchase journey by mapping it.
- Content writer – Create content that is relevant, easy to retain, and eye-candy for the viewers while maintaining consistency and coherence across all the platforms. Authenticity is the cherry inside that candy.
- Strategist – Basis the audiences on the platforms and the brand objectives, a strategy is designed and executed.
- Manager – ADM manages multiple campaigns on a variety of platforms. They also ensure inter and intra-departmental coordination and goal alignment.
- Data Analyst – Digital footprints of consumers are stored as numbers. DM tracks and analyses the data to forecast trends and understand consumer behaviour. Analyzing the humongous data correctly can be immensely rewarding.
- Tech expert – Being cognizant of the ins and outs of most digital platforms helps in delivering the content in the aptest and unique way.
Top 5 skills that the Digital Marketing role demands:
Now that you know the job roles, let us tell you about the top 5 skills that this job requires:
- Data analysis
- Social listening
- SEO and SEM
- Graphic Designing and content writing
If more organizations strive to remain competitive in the digital marketplace, greater will be the need for skilled digital marketing professionals. If you want to work on the cutting edge of this technological revolution, digital marketing is a strong career option.
So, if you are excited about this domain and you happen to possess these skills, pursuing digital marketing may be right for you. Although the list of skills is never enough or exhaustive, however, if you’re a passionate, creative, patient, number-loving, and goal-oriented person, then you are meant for digital marketing.
Find out what those in the role have to say about this profession on our AntWak website before you dive right into the domain of digital marketing.
Check out our other blogs on this domain.